Sunday, September 16, 2007

the mouse


I would first like to dedicate this blog to three men; my dad, Ryan, and Eric. They have been there for me during bad mouse days.
Well last night I got this urge to deep clean my house. I finished Joe's room and the bathroom and was moving on to the kitchen. I was reorganizing my pantry when I discovered little frays of paper every where. A little more investigation and I knew my fear was true. We had a mouse. I cleaned it all up. But saw no sign of the little fellow. So I was thinking that he was long gone.
Then I heard it. Something chewing it was coming from in between my dishwasher and refrigerator. I let Eric know we had company. But since it was after midnight he was not sure what we could do about it so he went to bed. I was not satisfied. I didn't want him to chew wires to our dishwasher so I did what anyone would do in my shoes.....I got out the Ant & Roach killer. I aimed the can right in the crack and sprayed. To my surprise the mouse came charging out at me. I screamed like I never screamed before. And I continued to scream till Eric got out of bed and came to my rescue. The mouse was long gone...but where. I thought he went in Joe's room. That had me worried I was not sure who would eat who.
Needless to say I did not go back in the kitchen. I slept with a night light and I had nightmares all night that the mouse was in our bed or eating Joe.
I don't know why I have such a fear of a little mouse.