Sunday, September 9, 2007

the breakthrough

It happened tonight. The thing that I have been praying for since we have come to King's Chapel....the breakthrough. The Lord has just burdened my heart in the last week to talk about the heart. So we have been doing little studies on it through out the week. Yesterday I was preparing for tonight and I came across the parable of the sower. As I read the description of the different soils my heart became very heavy because I could see faces of our students as it described the hardened soil, the rocky soil and the soil filled with weeds. I knew this was what the Lord wanted me to preach on tonight. And so I did. There was no media, no drama, no amazing sermon illustrations I just read the Parable and then dissected it and let them respond. God's word is so powerful! Our students have never responded like this before. There was brokenness, repentance and God Dreams being birthed. It was a breakthrough.....as Mark 4 describes beyond my wildest dreams. Will you pray with me that the Lord will continue to do a work?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will pray with you, Aimee. Praise God for His faithfulness, especially when we are obedient to His call.