Saturday, September 15, 2007

i made him cry


I woke up this morning and grabbed my Lambert's Mug and filled it to the brim with coffee...I knew it was going to be one of those days. Today I was a quizmaster for a Junior Bible Quiz match. My biggest fear was that I would make a kid cry. Well we were in round three of the day. It started when the quiz box started to go wacko so I had to go get another one and set it up. This added a little stress in the room. Then we began the match.
His name was Ethan. He sat in the Green one seat. He was cute as a button with his Drew Carry glasses. He had done so well the match before. In fact he had a quiz out. But this was not his match. He kept interrupting my questions but was unable to finish them correctly. Question after question I had to say I am sorry that is incorrect for a negative 5 points. At one point the coach called for a time out . At this point he had a break down. "I can't do this." he kept saying. And then it happened he incorrectly answered a question and quizzed out backwards. And the tears flowed. Followed by sobs. We had to finish the match and the whole time I kept hearing the poor boys sobs. I felt horrible. The crazy thing was he was still the high scorer for the round.
Well cheers to my first quizmaster experience in JBQ! At least it was just one kid.

3 comments:

ellie said...

hahahahaha i am so glad you still make kids cry!

Hernandos said...

what do you mean ...still???

Anonymous said...

hahaha..you should have called him loud and obnoxious and moved on.