Thursday, January 10, 2008

Tornadoes & Rice

Monday night I was driving home from the church when I noticed the sky was a ere. So I turned on the radio and sure enough....tornadoes where on their way to Springfield. As soon as I pulled into our driveway the tornado sirens sounded. I was pretty calm. Since we have lived here I have not had to go to our basement. Our friends Stephen and Julie called to see if they could come over since they don't have a basement. When they got there we made an area in our basement with chairs, blankets, games, candles, flashlights and the weather radio. Eric made up a big batch of Chinese food as we sat and listened to storm after storm. At one point we went up stairs to find baseball size hail in our yard!








Around 11 I went to bed, Julie and Stephen went home and Eric went to work. I slept with my window cracked so I could hear sirens if they went off again. Sure enough around 2:30 they did. I turned on the radio and there was a funnel spotted very close by to the house so I got down stairs as fast as I could. This is when I got a bit scared. I was alone and the storm was close. But I made it! 45 minutes later I went back to bed.


Because of the crazy night I never put away the Chinese food. So when I got home from work the next day I started to clean up. We had a bowl of rice that I need to dump....as so I dumped down the garbage disposal. I stared up the dish washer and then began to make dinner. That's when I heard it....water gushing out of my dishwasher!





I didn't know you are not suppose to put rice down the drain! Apparently rice expands and clogs pipes!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aimee, we never did get your text message open online. Glad I checked your blog! That is huge!!!!hail! Glad to know you were OK. Love to you and Eric.

Anonymous said...

Glad all you Missouri folk are safe and sound.... Have a great B-day!!! We love you!!!

The Sebastians...